Monday, October 4, 2010

{ DIY: Pimping up an Ikea pillow }

 Hello everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed whatever you were doing. LA wasn't as sunny as I was hoping for, so I've been doing some creative things in our apartment instead.


I have seen that many of you have these cute pillows with letters and phrases on them, and I wanted to have something similar. So I went over to Ikea and bought a white linen pillow, and I pimped it up with "Home sweet home" and a cute little star.




I already had letter stencils, so I painted the words that I wanted with acrylic paint ( You take what you have, right? * smile* I'm sure there are better options when it comes to paint... )
I started with the word in the middle, because I wanted it to end up centred. I also put some paper underneath so the paint didn't go through to the other side of the pillow.



Have you made any pillows like this, or do you prefer to buy them?




I wish you all a great new week!







Images: Nina Holst

No comments:

Post a Comment