Friday, October 22, 2010

{ Make your own paintings }

Painting has been a hobby of mine many years now, and I really enjoy doing it. I also like the fact that I'm saving a lot of money by painting my own paintings, and I get it exactly how I want it and in the colors that I want. It really isn't that difficult as some of you might think. You should give it a try!
 This one is one of my latest paintings, and it fits very well into my living room right now. Usually I paint on larger canvas though,  and you can see some of my other paintings here.


WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED:

1. Acrylic paint: This paint is cheap, dries fast and are easy to work with.
2. Canvas: choose the size that you want. Start with the cheaper ones.
3. Easel: Not a must. In the beginning I used the floor or the table for smaller canvases.
4. Different brush sizes, sponges, stencils or whatever you can use to make a pattern or an effect. It's only the creativity that stops you!

The good part is: If you're not happy with the result, you can just paint over it again.

Do you have any self made paintings in your home? Or maybe you want to make one this weekend? :)
Anyway, I wish you a lovely weekend whatever you are doing.

Images: Nina Holst

No comments:

Post a Comment