Friday, February 13, 2009

So What’s Left?

There are so many home magazines that have closed their doors or are getting ready to;

  • Domino
  • Cottage Living
  • O at Home
  • Mary Engelbreit’s Home Companion
  • Country Home
  • House and Garden
  • InStyle Home
  • Robb Report Luxury Home

image image image image

image image

…and that’s just some of them!  I’ve decided to look on the positive side.  What home magazines are still being published?  After all, I’m always complaining that I never have enough time to read all my magazines and interior design books!  We still have; (click to go to their websites)…

Veranda Magazine Subscriptionelle decor jan.feb 08.jpgSept_cover_opt_2

Traditional Home Magazine SubscriptionHouse Beautiful Cover

…and many more.  Maybe we can hope for some of our favorites to come back into print when the economy turns around or maybe some of the executives will spin off new magazines that we will love even more.

So, while we wait for our still-standing publications to arrive in the mail, I’ll leave you with some fabulous finds that I’ve found this week while researching for my current project…

Sherle Wagner's Renaissance Metal Door Lever.  It’s grabbing a handful of love as you enter every room.

 

Sherle Wagner's Ribbon & Reed Hinge.  A beautiful way to make your doorways special.

From Decorative Crafts.  This beautiful solid brass electric sconce with a dark brown (looks black!) leather shade would be perfect in a library application.  Love it!

 

ANTIQUE CARVED MIRROR

Jayson Home and Garden's Antique Mirror.  It can be yours for a mere $11,995.00.

Botticelli hood with Elegance pattern to match Aga range

Botticelli Silver Plum Metal Hood by Metallo Arts.

And finally, because Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, I’m going to divulge my FAVORITE chocolates in the whole world to you.  There is a shop in San Francisco near Union Square that I always visit if I have time…

Champagne Truffles

Teuscher's Chocolates Champagne Truffes are my indulgence!  I usually just buy one, because that’s all it takes to satisfy me.

If you are brave enough to taste one and possibly become addicted, click here to visit their website and check out their offerings!

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!  I hope everyone has a little love in their life this week.

Happy Valentines Day from More4kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment